Being tired-stressed-dehydrated is a TRIPLE WHAMMY for your results.
It affects your body’s hormones in a way that not only makes it hard to achieve results, but actually encourages THE OPPOSITE of what you have been working toward!
Being tired, stressed, and even a little dehydrated can make you:
- Feel HUNGRY all day,
- Crave unhealthy foods,
- Slow your metabolism,
- Store a higher percentage of body fat (especially around your belly), and
- Repeat the same sleep-stress-tired cycle tomorrow!
Now, obviously having some stress is inevitable and normal. It’s a part of life!
But if you don’t have a method or strategy for MANAGING that stress, it can really throw a monkey wrench into your healthy habits.
This is why I *highly* recommend taking intentional downtime every day for:
- Deep breathing exercises
- Spending time in nature,
- Working out, or
- Engaging in an activity that helps you destress – a hobby, praying, reading, etc.
Here’s what you can do when you are having one of those tired/hungry/stressed days, to help you feel better:
- Drink 1-2 BIG glasses of water
- Take 5 minutes in a quiet room to just sit and breathe
- Eat a balanced meal that contains some protein to help you feel full
- Avoid sugar
- Workout / go for a walk outside
- Make sure you go to bed early enough to get a full night of sleep (and don’t put your phone by your bed!)
It really can make a difference.
Here’s to a stress-free day!