Peruse the health and fitness section of Pinterest, and you’ll see a plethora of at-home workouts that claim they can offer you the same intensity as workouts at the gym, while giving you the results you want. It might be tempting to tell yourself you’ll save time and money by working out at home, but here are the top reasons why a gym membership is often a better choice.
1. Commitment: Paying for a gym membership is an important step towards committing yourself to a healthier lifestyle. In order to make your membership mean something, you need to actually show up. Bottom line: you’ll get more workouts in when you make the commitment to the gym than if you try to work out at home.
2. Childcare: Contrary to media images of celebrity mothers who seem to bounce back into pre-baby shape in no time, for real mothers it takes months — sometimes even years — to get back into shape. One reason for this is that it is difficult to work out at home with a toddler wandering around the house. Choosing a gym with a childcare facility will not only give you a chance to work out, but you’ll also feel like you’re getting a break for a few hours a day! Even better, work out with your partner while the kids are having fun at the gym’s childcare for a new spin on “date night.”
3. Safety: When it comes to exercise, safety is a priority so that you can prevent injuries and overworking. Joining a group class is the best way to make sure that you’re performing every move correctly so that you can avoid injuries. You might think you’re matching the yoga moves from your DVD at home, but in reality you could be putting your body at risk.
4. Socialization: What better way to hang out with friends than at a group fitness class? Join one with your pals or make new friends while pushing your body to new limits. As a bonus, making plans with friends by signing up for a class together is a guaranteed way to make sure you actually show up.
5. Personal training: Signing up for a membership that includes personal training will take care of all the important elements of getting into shape. You’ll be committed to showing up every day, and you’ll also be guaranteed to have someone watching out for you to make sure you avoid injuries and overuse of your muscles. In addition, your personal trainer will be your cheerleader, encouraging you to push further than you thought possible, even when you want to give up.
We believe in fitness, and we believe in you. We know that joining our gym in Tyler, TX, will help you get the results you want. You’ll be more likely to meet your fitness goals when you commit to a gym that gives you the flexibility, amenities, and opportunities that you need to succeed. You’ll quickly notice the positive differences between working out at 360° Fitness versus working out in your living room. For more information about our facilities, please contact us today!