Finding the right gym to meet your needs can be challenging. You need something clean with good equipment, a solid personal training program, and the right price, all relatively close to your house or work. To make things a bit more complicated, many gyms have seemingly similar equipment and class offerings which can make the shopping experience a bit overwhelming.
So, how do you differentiate between a great gym and one that merely appears to be good? What do you look for?
- Personalization. The right gym will focus on how it can meet your needs. It won’t just be an exercise facility; it will provide a complete fitness experience, tailored to your lifestyle and body type. Good gyms don’t try to sell each prospective member the same thing; they recognize that each person’s needs are different and adjust accordingly.
- Dedication. The right gym WILL REFUSE to cut corners. Its equipment will be up to date and fully repaired, its personal trainers will be thoroughly qualified, and it will take the scientific approach to fitness rather than following the latest fads. A good gym will focus on providing a complete, authentic fitness package that actually works.
- Value. The right gym won’t necessarily be cheap, but you’ll get what you pay for. If you are serious about making significant progress in the fitness department, then you may want to think twice about choosing your gym based on price alone. Remember that the gyms who offer incredibly low prices are banking on the fact that most of their members won’t ever step foot in their club. Not necessarily the level of support you need to get you to the next fitness level.
- Childcare. If you’re in charge of caring for little ones, you’ll most likely need a safe place for them to play while you get some much deserved “me” time. The best gyms offer childcare at no additional charge. And some even offer complimentary memberships for teens. Be sure to ask about discounts for spouses and if the gym charges for your loved ones under the age of 18.
- Programs. The right gym will offer a variety of fitness program options like group classes, educational clinics, webinars and social events. Even the most disciplined of us get bored with the same stale routines and the best gyms work hard to ensure that you’ve always got something to look forward to during your next visit.
The right gym will be dedicated, be able to tailor its services to your individual needs, and be worth the price. Gyms that can’t give you those aren’t worth your time.
Contact us for more information about finding the right gym and learn how you can receive a complimentary workout!