When you’re trying to level up your fitness game, you have tons of choices. Every day it seems there’s a new fitness program that’s being called the next best thing. Unfortunately, many of these hot new fitness trends may not be right for you or your fitness goals and some are downright dangerous.
Instead of trying something and hoping for the best, why not create your own personal fitness plan? After all, you’re a unique individual with your own skills, interests and issues. Right? Gosh, don’t we all have issues?…physical, mental, emotional…you get the picture. 😉
You also have unique goals and challenges.
Here’s a quicklist of just a few of the many benefits of following a fitness plan that’s customized especially for you:
1. It’s based on your current fitness level – You know where you are right now and you know some of your limits. This is important because it gives you a realistic starting point. It gives you the room to improve and grow without having someone else’s expectations set upon you.
2. It’s focused on your goals – You want to get a beach body, great! You want to lose weight, fantastic. You want to improve your endurance and run that marathon next year, super! You want to feel happy and more like the person you used to be, awesome. All of those goals are wonderful goals. Your fitness goal, whatever it may be, is what you’ll frame your entire program around. It’s what will keep you motivated and excited to exercise and succeed. That just doesn’t happen when you’re working on a goal that someone else has set for you or worse yet when you haven’t established clear goals at all.
3. It fits your personality – The truth is that there are different types of fitness personalities. When you identify yours, and we’ll help you with that, you’ll find that exercise is much more enjoyable. And it should be fun, right? Exercise shouldn’t be just one more chore on your schedule.
4. It supports your schedule – Speaking of schedule, when you create your own fitness plan you’re fitting it into your life, not the other way around. It becomes a realistic part of your life.
5. It caters to your motivation style – What motivates you may be different than what motivates someone else. With your personal fitness plan, you create a plan that fits your motivation style. It’s built into your plan and success is practically guaranteed.
When you follow the steps to create a fitness plan, you’re not taking the easy road. There’s a fine line between pushing yourself too hard and taking it too easy on yourself. This is why planning is important. Identify the types of activities you enjoy and what you want to get out of your fitness program – find what your fitness goals are. Then create a program that supports you to succeed.