Muscle building and toning will improve your health and your looks, but sometimes you need to focus on fat loss before you can really enjoy those benefits. Bulking up muscle under layers of fat can actually have a negative impact on your physique, but never fear.
Here are five trusted methods for burning away those extra reserves to reveal the firm and fit body underneath:
- Build a moderate amount of muscle. Muscle tissue burns more calories regardless of what you’re doing. As long as you don’t go overboard, muscle building will improve your looks and your performance, and it will help accelerate your fat loss too.
- Cut back on sugar and fat. It’s time to get real about what you eat. Big bones or not, the food that goes in has a lot to do with how your body turns out, so make sure those Oreos are worth more than the slim waist you want. Make sure that fried bacon and cheese sandwich is worth the extra work you’ll have to put in to take it off. Your taste buds will adjust to healthier foods, and your body will be busy burning fat reserves instead of making more.
- Add a cycling class to your week. These workouts are easy on the joints, a source of super beneficial “moderate-intensity” aerobic activity that are so effective for those who want to lose fat and they’re relatively stress-free. You don’t have to worry about keeping rhythm, impressing your peers or remembering a dance routine.
- Consider the kettlebell. Adept at working groups of muscles at the same time, kettleball workouts use many more calories than you’d burn through on the treadmill for the same amount of time. They’re also good at working your shoulders, neck and back, three areas of the body plagued by problems when you’re carrying extra weight.
- Hire a personal trainer. Sometimes it’s difficult to know your strengths and weaknesses, and it can be even harder to see when your efforts are working against you. Working with a professional can help you pinpoint your major obstacles and find innovative new ways of reaching your goals.
Make sure your actions support your real objectives. Contact us to check out your workout options. At 360° Fitness, we have the equipment and support to tackle your biggest challenges with ease, whether you’re working to burn fat or bulk up. Check out our programs today.