The only thing more daunting than starting a new workout regimen are all of the options for accessories. After you find your perfect class or training program at 360° Fitness, you might want to track your workouts at home. Fitbit and all of its counterparts are great, but what’s even better are the hot apps that will improve your workout that is waiting for you at your smartphone’s app store.
- Stronglifts 5×5: This weight training-app is great for promoting safety if you want to try building strength on your own time at the gym. Three times a week you will be given five sets of five reps to lift, and the app will let you know when you are ready to add more weight. With a type of exercise that is not as intuitive as you would think, this is a great way to make sure you don’t push yourself too far in between training sessions.
- Pump Up: Are your Facebook friends not interested in your passion for fitness? Is you post-workout Instagram photo not getting any likes? Pump Up is a social-networking app geared toward health and fitness. Nothing is more motivating than a community, and a portable reminder of people who support your lifestyle changes. It’ll give you the extra incentive you need.
- Charity Miles: Your workout is great for you, but what if it could be helping other people, too? This app donates 25 cents for every mile you run on the treadmill, or 10 cents for every mile you bike to organizations such as ASPCA and Feeding America.
- Endomondo: This app is the ultimate motivator. It uses your smartphone’s GPS to record your workouts and lets you know when you are about to reach a personal best. This can give you the push you need to get through the pain or get past a plateau. You can turn your exercise regimen into a competition against yourself.
- Zombies, Run! 3: One misconception is that your workout is just that — work. This app turns your time running or on the treadmill into a race for survival in a post-apocalyptic world. Earn food and supplies as you reach your goals, letting you live another day in your zombie-filled exercise world.
If you’re looking for fun fitness incentives and exercises in Tyler, TX, come check out our gym. Contact us to know more.