Weighted Oblique Crunches (“Corkscrew Crunches”)
- Start on a Decline Abdominal Bench with feet firmly secured, holding a medicine ball (with adequate weight to ensure a challenge) at a angle (left or right, your choice).
- With arms extended above you, perform a sit-up whilst twisting the torso to bring the arms to the opposite leg, crossing the body with the arms.
- Perform 10-15 repetitions bringing arms from right side to left knee. Then, perform 10-15 repetitions on the opposite side.
- Repeat 2-3 times per side.
Diagonal Trunk Rotations
Attach a straight bar handle to the cable tower. Adjust cable pulley to lowest level.
With an alternating grip (one palm up, one palm down), extend arms towards origin of resistance. Twist torso and move extended arms across body, finishing with arms extended above opposite shoulder from origin of resistance.
Perform 10-15 repetitions with origin of resistance at right leg, crossing to left shoulder. Repeat with origin of resistance at left leg. Repeat 2-3 times per side.
- Start with straight bar attached to cable pulley at waist height. Hold bar at arms’ length with an alternating grip.
With arms extended, rotate the trunk and cross the upper body ending with your torso facing away from the origin of resistance.
- Perform 15-20 repetitions with the origin of resistance at your left side. Repeat with origin of resistance at right side. Repeat 2-3 times per side.
Cable Rear Delt Flyes
- Start with single-handle attached to cable pulley at lowest level.
- With origin of resistance at right foot, bend at the waist and grab handle with left hand. Keeping the back straight, extended the arm directly away from the origin of resistance. Arm should be slightly bent with palm facing the ground at end of movement. Return handle to origin of resistance.
- Perform 10-15 repetitions. Repeat with origin of resistance at left foot, handle in right hand. Repeat 2-3 times per side.